Hampshire College - The Ken Burns Wing
See more of this project in Educational and Interior Design
- Received LEED Gold from the USGBC
- High Performance Building Envelope: Sidewall R-Factor – 31; Roof R-Factor – 36 (continuous). Low-E Argon-filled insulating glass and thermally broken windows. Continuous air barrier.
- Passive heating through south glazing. Efficient HVAC systems with CO2-sensing demand-controlled ventilation and energy recovery, making maximum use of free cooling from outside air.
- 4.6 KW photovoltaic array
- Efficient lighting with occupancy and daylight sensing
- Extensive use of recycled products in steel, wall framing, reinforcing bar, concrete and insulation
- Low or zero-VOC paints, sealants and adhesives; Zero-formaldehyde wood panel products
- Woodwork supplied from logging operations certified by the Forest Stewardship Council