UMass Amherst - Marching Band Building
See more of this project in Educational
Received LEED Gold from the USGBC
• Highly efficient mechanical systems, super-insulation, aggressive glazing choices, and efficient lighting reduce energy costs.
• High-performance envelope (R35 walls and R30/R40 roof) reduces heating and cooling demands.
• Ventilation system with energy recovery improves indoor air quality, providing 30% more fresh air than required by code.
• Highly efficient plumbing fixtures reduce potable water use by 47,800 gallons annually and water consumption by 37.6%.
• Efficient lighting with occupancy and daylight sensing.
• Occupant-adjustable temperature levels to suit individual needs.
• Maximized use of regional materials with high recycled content.
• Low or zero-VOC paints, sealants and adhesives.
• Over 75% of construction waste recycled.
• Native, drought tolerant plants on site.